Thursday, February 20, 2014

... bRoKeN ... into ... b E a U T i F u l ! ! ! ♥

Did you listen to the song in the last post?  If you did, I hope it spoke to you as it has to me!  As we look at the second verse, it again addresses areas that I face every day and have to relinquish to Him in order to remember that only by His grace have I been changed from "Broken into Beautiful"!

 "We live with accusations"


"You're too fat {or skinny}."

"You're not smart enough."

"You aren't pretty enough."

"You're not a good cook."

"Why can't you ____________?"

"Sometimes heavy expectations"


I've read the romance novels, I {expect} him to bring me flowers.  I've listened to my friends, I {expect} my kids to always do well in school.  I've read the newspaper, if I excel I {expect} to be recognized.  I look at the magazines, I {expect} I'll be happy if I get my house in order, get in shape,  visit the right salon or wear the right make up.  These heavy {expectations} assault me at every turn, and the more of them I hear, the more I believe them.

"That tell us we can never measure up"


If he doesn't bring me flowers or my kids don't get straight A's in school, there must be something wrong with me.  If I do something well, and nobody notices it then it didn't count. If I get my house in order, get in shape, visit the right salon and wear the right make up, I should be happy.  None of these things are wrong in themselves.  It's nice to get flowers.  It's o.k. to cheer when my kids do well.  It's right to do my work with excellence.  Taking care of the home God has blessed us with is the right thing to do.  Eating well and exercising are admirable and will bring me good health.  Fixing my hair and wearing makeup aren't wrong.  But none of those things measure my worth.  When I stand before the Lord, none of them will matter!  Why then, do I let these things {or lack of these things} and so many more tell me that I don't measure up?

"And yet You repeat with mercy"


Dictionary.com defines mercy as "something that gives evidence of divine favor; blessing."  Divine favor, oh doesn't that sound even better than the hollow praise of man?  God Himself repeats with mercy ...

"That in Your eyes we are worthy"

We are worthy, worthy in HIS eyes.  So much more to be desired than measuring up to any other standard.  So much more to be desired than measuring up to the unattainable standards that I often set for myself!

"At last we see how much we're loved"


When I empty me of me, when I let HIM fill those empty spaces, when I stop trying to "achieve" and to earn love, from my spouse, my family, my friends, my co-workers, and seek only HIM to fill my empty places, then I can see how much I'm loved . . .

"'Cause . . . "

"Though we can't see how we can stand before you Lord and feel

VALUED,

PRICELESS

and ADORED . . .

You change worthless into precious.
Guilty to forgiven.
Hungry into satisfied.
Empty into full.
All the lies are shattered.
And we believe we matter.
When you change broken into beautiful!"

I have taken the liberty to translate this beautiful song into what it means to me.  If you are feeling broken in any way, I hope my ramblings can speak to you as well!  I pray that as you read my words and then link to the song HERE {2nd video on the page} you will be able to identify some of your broken areas.  I pray that you will be able to let them go and give them to your Heavenly Father.  No matter how worthless you may feel, how abused, trampled upon, and worn you think you are, in His eyes, you ARE

VALUED,

PRICELESS

and ADORED . . ."

Because . . . 

"He changes worthless into precious.
Guilty to forgiven.
Hungry into satisfied.
Empty into full.
All the lies are shattered.
And we believe we matter.
When He changes broken into beautiful!"

And once you have let Him fill you, and change your broken into beautiful, don't keep it to yourself!  Let that sweetness that He will fill you with fill you to overflowing so that you can spill it out on others!

Reality check:

How have you spilled {or will you spill} out God's sweetness today?



1 comment:

  1. Exactly what soooo many women need to hear, including myself. I think women have it worse than men, thinking we have it all together, having to put on some kind of mask. This is soo refreshing. Thank you . Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete